As a local affiliate of the Military Officers Association of America, we represent the interests of military officers, their families and survivors and advocate for a strong national defense, while providing needed support to the community and its members residing in Indian River County.
Become the premier organization to provide continuing leadership and support to veterans in Indian River County.
Summary of Chapter Activities
We are a local chapter of a more than 355,000-person military advocacy association. MOAA is the nation's largest and most influential association of military officers. We are a powerful force speaking for a strong national defense and representing the interests of military officers and their families at every stage of their careers.
Our Officers’ Calls (meet and greets) and luncheons foster local networking with other retired and former military officers.
Our legislative advocacy at the local level compliments that of our state and national counterparts. Visit the MOAA website to see what action MOAA is taking.
We are one of the veterans organizations comprising the Indian River County Veterans Council and actively support their programs.
We participate in community service projects such as:
- Staffing the Victory Center Military Store at the Mall
- Providing funds for Upward American Veterans
- Visiting local schools as part of the Vets in the Classroom Program
- Funding Jr. ROTC scholarships
- Providing grants for needy escorts of Space Coast Honor Flight participants
We participate in special events such as:
- The Vero Beach Air Show
- Ceremonies at the Veterans Memorial Island Sanctuary
- Sunset Saturday Night
- The Military History Expo
Click here to view a short video about why you should join the national MOAA organization.