The Indian River Chapter is an affiliate of a national organization: the Military Officers Association of America (MOAA). The Chapter was founded 1983 and presently has about 105 members. We seek members that are Active, Retired, and Former Officers of all Uniformed Services. Membership is open to spouses of either living or deceased members (as above) – as Surviving Spouse or Associate Members.
Every year the Military Officers Association of America recognizes the very best of their 400 affiliates with Levels of Excellence awards. The highest award is the Five-Star rating. The 2021 Level of Excellence awards have been announced. This award is based on the 2020 calendar year programs and events. The Indian River Chapter once again received the Five-Star award. The Five-Star rating is MOAA’s way of recognizing our chapter’s work and was awarded to 115 of the very best chapters in the country. Of course, we could not do any of this without our dedicated members who make this all possible. So, on behalf of the officers and Chapter members, a very special “THANK YOU” to all those members that made this possible.
Additional Membership Information
- Monthly Meetings – usually a luncheon on the third Friday of the month. Our meetings include a social hour, an excellent meal, and a program at a local restaurant. No meetings in July and August.
- Special events are planned to raise Scholarship Funds and the Veterans Assistance Funds.
- Indian River Chapter is an active member of the Veterans Council of Indian River County: we donate funds to the Veterans Hospital Extended Care in West Palm Beach, the Florida Veterans Hospital in Lake City, and the Veterans Council.
- A Monthly Newsletter keeps members up to date on pertinent legislative affairs, both state and federal, local happenings, future meeting agendas, and Personal Affairs committee that provides assistance, remembrance, and solace in the event of death of members.
- NEW!! Our Facebook page provides our members new and relevant content concerning chapter activities. Since its inception in March 2020, the Chapter’s Facebook page has attained over 75 followers, has been shared numerous times, and has been directly responsible of the recruitment of at least one new member. The page continues to grow.
- Prospective Regular and Surviving Spouse Members may apply online here. Alternatively, they may complete a fillable application in PDF format and submit via instructions on the form.
- Spouses of regular members: View Associate Member Application
for more information.
Dues are annual, due December 31 of each year, and are as follows:
- Regular Dues only $30/year;
- Surviving Spouse or Associate Dues only $15/year;
Note: for a new member joining after July 1st, the dues are reduced by half for that year.
Download manual payment form here.
NEW!! Click here to pay your Chapter dues online.
Subscribe to our email list
This is a double opt-in process. Start by completing the form here.
Our Chapter and MOAA are politically nonpartisan. As an organization, our Chapter does not support or oppose any candidate for political office. However, our legislative committee makes a deliberate effort to inform our membership of the records and positions of opposing candidates so they are well informed when voting.