The Indian River Chapter was founded 1983 and presently has about 105 members. We seek members that are Active, Retired, and Former Officers of all Uniformed Services. Membership is open to spouses of either living or deceased members (as above) – as Surviving Spouse or Associate Members.
In 2019 the Indian River Chapter was awarded the Five-Star Level of Excellence Award. MOAA’s topnotch councils and chapters compete annually to receive Levels of Excellence Awards, and the very best chapters receive Five-Star awards. This MOAA honor helps to make the Florida Council a leader in MOAA.
Additional Membership Information
- Monthly Meetings – usually a luncheon on the third Friday of the month. Our meetings include a social hour, an excellent meal, and a program at a local restaurant. No meetings in July and August.
- Special events are planned to raise Scholarship Funds and the Veterans Assistance Funds.
- Indian River Chapter is an active member of the Veterans Council of Indian River County: we donate funds to the Veterans Hospital Extended Care in West Palm Beach, the Florida Veterans Hospital in Lake City, and the Veterans Council.
- A Monthly Newsletter keeps members up to date on pertinent legislative affairs, both state and federal, local happenings, future meeting agendas, and Personal Affairs committee that provides assistance, remembrance, and solace in the event of death of members.
- NEW!! Our Facebook page provides our members new and relevant content concerning chapter activities.
- Prospective Regular and Surviving Spouse Members may apply online here. Alternatively, all prospective members may view and download an application in PDF format and submit with payment in person or via mail.
View Regular Member Application
View Surviving Spouse Application
View Associate Member Application
Dues are annual, due December 31 of each year, and are as follows:
- Regular Dues only $30/year;
- Surviving Spouse or Associate Dues only $15/year;
Note: for a new member joining after July 1st, the dues are reduced by half for that year.
Download manual payment form here.
NEW!! Click here to pay your Chapter dues online.
Subscribe to our email list
This is a double opt-in process. Start by completing the form here.
Our Chapter is politically nonpartisan. As an organization, our Chapter does not support or oppose any candidate for political office. However, our legislative committee makes a deliberate effort to inform our membership of the records and positions of opposing candidates so they are well informed when voting.